EMAIL FILTERING SERVICE LEVEL TARGETS
As an Enterprise Grade spam filtering provider, it is important for our customers to understand our Service Level Targets for email deliverability.
Delivery delay: Less than 5 minutes (when the recipient mail server is functional)
Support Service Level Response Goals:
- Urgent Priority Tickets – Response within 15 minutes
- High Priority Tickets – Response within 1 hour
- Medium Priority Tickets – Response within 2 hours
- Low Priority Tickets – Response within 4 hours
Definition of Priority Levels:
- Urgent Priority – Complete service outage delivering mail to your server
- High Priority – Consistent message delays
- Medium Priority – Intermittent service issues, technical questions
- Low Priority – Some billing related questions, and general questions
This document defines the service level targets for the Mail Filtering service.
The Mail Filtering Service provides reliable mail delivery, spam filtering and virus protection for mail servers across campus. This service consists of a number of email security appliances, Anti-Spam software, Anti-Virus software and an email filtering programming language that can be used for customized defenses against threats not caught by vendor supplied software.
Mail Filtering users who are subscribers to the DuoCircle inbound and outbound SMTP services.
Both Tier 1 and Tier 2 technical support is available 24×7.
End users should start with Tier 1 technical support. The primary contact on the account can open a technical support incident.
Internal Help Desk may escalate issues to Tier 2.
We have service contracts in place for all critical hardware and software utilized in the management
Customers will be notified of scheduled and unscheduled maintenance using the Services Status Page of service availability and service delivery issues. Services may not be available during the maintenance periods.
Due to the architecture of this service, most maintenance tasks can be done on servers on a rolling basis and thus will not require any down time for the service as a whole. However we may need to schedule downtime or maintenance periods.
Unscheduled maintenance tasks that require service downtime will be announced as soon as possible on the Services Status page.
We will notify customers using the Services Status page of service availability and service delivery issues for the Mail Filtering service.
Subscribers (users) of the service and identified owners/administrators agree to be aware of and adhere to the Acceptable Use Policy.
Email administrators who request this service agree to:
- Provide accurate information about their e-mail system, including the mail domains to be protected, the host names of the mail servers that serve these domains, and whether spam should be deleted or merely tagged with an X-header. Any changes to this information will need to be communicated to us in a timely manner.
- E-mail administrators will need to adhere to best practices for postmasters.
- In cases where our staff detect problems such as e-mail loops they will contact the e-mail administrator(s) to request remediation. In extreme cases where this problem affects the whole service we might take action to remedy the situation first before contacting the customer.
- In cases where staff detect problems with outbound and mail relay which might affect the whole service they might take direct action and then inform e-mail administrators.
Customer and IT support staff agrees to:
Provide updated and accurate contact information of the e-mail administrators. Customer is responsible to update this information