Managed Services Offerings: How Businesses Can Leverage These To Cut Costs, Increase Profits & Focus On Business Needs
How businesses can gain significant advantages by receiving services from managed service providers.
Someone once said, “In business, either you are in IT (pun intended), or you are out of business.” It entails that every business entity has to invest in IT. However, everyone cannot be an expert in managing IT. Hence, the concept of managed services offerings has gained importance in the industry today.
Managed Services Definition
A managed service provider, usually known as an MSP (Managed Service Provider), is a service entity that handles a business’s IT needs remotely based on an agreement cost-effectively. The service recipient can save a lot of burden and costs this way instead of employing a full-fledged in-house IT team.
Understanding The Managed Services Meaning More Acutely
Looking at the managed services meaning closely, one can observe that it enables focusing on one’s core business while the MSP takes care of the IT needs. Different types of managed services offerings are available where knowledgeable professionals work proactively to meet an organization’s IT requirements and develop a sustainable strategy to keep their systems, security, and infrastructure functioning properly.
Different Types Of Managed Services To Suit Various Needs: 2 Crucial Managed Services Examples
No two businesses are the same. Hence, there is a need for different types of managed services to cater to your diverse necessities. Here are two of the most in-demand managed-services examples.
Cybersecurity is crucial in this IT age. Malicious actors prey on businesses that do not have adequate security measures. A managed service offering for email security covers every issue from providing BDR (Backup and Disaster Recovery) solutions to anti-malware ones and keeping systems updated in real-time.
Managed Cloud Infrastructure
Cloud services are in demand today, with almost every business having a presence at multiple locations. Having a cloud infrastructure enhances ease, convenience, and security. Managed service providers also offer virtualization services for software, OS, and apps.
Diving Deeper Into Managed Service Provider Examples
Since managed service providers cater to every aspect of the IT industry, there is hardly a segment where the services are not offered. Here are a few more instances of managed services.
- Managed Support Services – This category caters to all IT services, from troubleshooting issues to dealing with advanced problems. It is the most common type of managed services provider.
- Managed Networks And Infrastructure – Businesses can opt for an on-premises network and infrastructure. Managed services offerings include establishing LANs, WAPs, and other connections for a business. They also cater to storage and provide adequate backup for data.
- Managed Communication Services – The most common managed service provider examples in this category is the third-party call center. They offer services like setting up and managing communication infrastructure, including VoIP, message software, and video.
- Managed SaaS – Many businesses opt for Software-as-a-Service offering as it is a subscription-based service. Some notable examples include anti-virus software, Office 365, and communication software.
- Managed Wireless and Mobile Computing – Businesses not having adequate capital for investment in setting up their wireless and mobile computing network opt for such managed services offerings.
- Data Analytics – Today, Data Analytics has become crucial to all businesses. Managed services analyze data, and encompass business intelligence for targeting specific trends and creating roadmaps for improved business performances.
- Managed Print Services – These managed service offerings assist with data and file infrastructure remotely. They are ideal for financial institutions and organizations having complex file management requirements.
Having discussed different types of managed service providers that offer a range of IT services, below are some of the advantages of managed service offerings that businesses can avail.
Advantages Of Managed Service Offerings
Managed services can prove beneficial to businesses in many ways, as listed below.
- Finding A Cost-effective Solution – Businesses can outsource their IT requirements to third-party managed service providers and save on the cost of managing and sustaining an in-house IT services team.
- Getting Expert Solutions – Third-party managed service providers are specialists who bring the best available talent to the table. Businesses can benefit from their expertise.
- Focussing On The Main Business – With managed service providers taking care of IT services, businesses can concentrate on their core activity and improve their capability without worrying about IT and other related issues.
Qualities To Look For In Different MSPs While Referring A Managed Services Offerings Ppt File
Organizations should look for the following characteristics in managed services providers when using MSP partner program.
- Responsiveness – An MSP should be available 24x7x365 for a business. Time is crucial because an IT emergency can knock on the door without any invitation!
- Easy Accessibility – While MSPs handle the IT needs, the recipient organization’s information should be accessible to it from any secure endpoint (device). It could be from the office or even on a mobile device.
- Robust Security – Living in the dangerous age of cybercrime where data breaches are common, an MSP should provide vital email security service and be capable of combating data loss.
- Backup Recovery – Establishing stringent email security measures is of paramount importance. Nevertheless, downtime may occur anytime. Crucial information should remain backed-up and secure in such critical situations.
- Multiple Options – It is advisable to opt for managed services offerings that simultaneously provide various services as it saves cost and time.
In this competitive age, every business has to be on the IT platform. However, it can be challenging for traditional organizations to have sufficient IT exposure to manage complex IT requirements. Managed Service Offerings provide the ideal solution under such circumstances. As a business owner or manager, one must have a clear and fundamental idea of different types of managed services on offer to leverage the service that suits them best for their organization.