Spam Protection: Top SpamTitan Alternatives for Your Business
SpamTitan Alternatives for Your Business.
Email security is key to securing important business transactions and sensitive and confidential information. Are you considering SpamTitan alternatives? This article enlists what SpamTitan Mail Security users can consider as an alternative in their purchasing decision.
Email communication has been long suffering from phishing attacks and spam emails from its inception. When comparing different email security solutions, potential buyers check competencies in categories like email security, integration and deployment, evaluation and contracting, specific product capabilities, service, and support. The following list will help them choose the best SpamTitan alternatives for their business.
DuoCircle offers several email-related tools catering to various needs, including protection against phishing, outbound SMTP, MX Backup, Email Hosting, and Email Forwarding, among others. DuoCircle’s featured offerings also include Advanced Threat Defense, which can help protect your enterprise from various email-borne threats, such as malware, spam and spoofing, and business email compromise. Other key features and services offered by DuoCircle include:
- SPF Management
- DMARC Reporting
- Tenant Migration for both Office 365 and Google Workplace
- An Exclusive MSP Partner Program
Proofpoint Email Protection helps control and secure your inbound and outbound emails. It uses multi-layered detection techniques and machine learning to identify and block malicious emails. Additionally, it dynamically classifies recent threats and gives you granular control over a broad range of emails. It includes phishing, malware, imposter email, spam, bulk mail, and more. It scans the following message attributes to prevent malicious and Malware-less Email Threats:
- Message header data.
- Sender’s IP address (e.g., originating IP, reputation).
- Message body for a sense of urgency and words or phrases.
Other key features include:
- Scales for Large businesses with Complete Flexibility.
- It uses email warning tags to raise user awareness.
- Improves productivity with email hygiene and fast email tracing.
- Provides operational efficiencies through automating threat response and security operations.
- Extends protection with integrated email encryption, email DLP, email authentication, and Targeted Attack Protection.
- Organizations can rate and block spam based on the rating.
- Allow users to block email from countries where they do not operate.
- Businesses can encrypt outbound and inbound emails from their domain.
- Proofpoint offers many paid options. Thus, if an organization does not require an option, it need not pay for it, but it helps to know what option is available.
- Cost is high for some of the Proofpoint offerings.
The Barracuda Email Security Gateway offers email continuity, multi-layer security, and data leak prevention. Advanced Threat Protection combines behavioral, sandboxing, and heuristic technologies, offering robust protection against zero-hour, ransomware, and targeted attacks. Product Spotlight:
- Virus and spam defense for email.
- Protection from reputation damage and data loss.
- Advanced Threat Protection for ransomware and other advanced threats.
- Advanced and granular policy management.
- The solution is available as a virtual appliance on public cloud platforms (Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services).
Other Key Features:
- Email spooling up to 96 hours.
- Inbound email filtering.
- Outbound email filtering for DLP.
- Barracuda Real-Time Protection.
- Cloud-based encryption is free of charge.
- Configuration backup in the cloud.
- Preconfigured solution for quick deployment.
- No per-server or per-user fees.
- Users can easily create sender policies.
- Use multiple criteria to search emails quickly.
- Users can send blocked emails.
- The multiple-select option does not allow users to perform bulk actions.
- One cannot move email content from deleted or quarantined folders to other folders.
- Reports are limited, but users can export the data for other use.
Mimecast Targeted Threat Protection protects your organization and employees from malicious email campaigns. It helps defend against threat actors trying to plant ransomware, steal data or credentials, trick employees into sharing information, and springboard to attack supply chains. Such threats require advanced security measures, which traditional email security systems cannot offer. Mimecast has a significant threat database that monitors billions of emails to ensure threat protection is up to date. It is an easy-to-administer and fully featured service, offering a web-based dashboard to manage all policies.
Other Key Features:
- Impersonation Protection blocks spam and phishing attempts.
- URL protection and attachment sandboxing.
- Robust spam filtering, with 99% spam rate detection.
- Real-time reports for your email network, including inbound and outbound traffic.
- Self-service tools for end users, like allowing them to block senders.
- Email Continuity for the eventuality if the email network goes offline, with 100% service availability SLA.
- It includes an Email Archiving and secure messaging option and supports extensive file sharing.
- Sandboxes incoming attachments instead of directly opening on your computer.
- Scans inbound email links for websites that can potentially harm the organization.
- It keeps spam out of the users’ inboxes and increases efficiency by reducing the number of emails a user has to handle.
- Archives all emails so that if a user deletes something by mistake, they can return to the archive and restore an old email.
- The Mimecast product interface and features are not user-friendly and sometimes confusing.
- A user can easily Whitelist an email address or domain, but it is cumbersome to do it for the enterprise.
Avanan, a CheckPoint Company, helps secure organizations from attacks that evade advanced and default security tools. Its invisible, multi-layer protection enables full-suite security for cloud collaboration solutions like Office 365, G-Suite, and Slack. The Avanan platform deploys in one click through an API, prevents Business Email Compromise (BEC), and blocks phishing, account takeover, data leakage, malware, and shadow IT across the organization. It replaces the need for deploying multiple tools to secure the complete cloud collaboration suite.
Other Key Features:
- Anti-Phishing and Malware Sandboxing for internal, inbound, and outbound emails.
- Email Account Compromise/ Business Email Compromise (EAC/BEC) Protection.
- Malware Sandboxing for file shares (Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, SharePoint, and more).
- Malware Sandboxing for Collaboration Suites (Slack/Teams).
- User Compromise, User Anomaly, and Account Breach Protection across the suite.
- Post-Attack Quarantine and Forensics.
- Automated Attack Mitigation and Retraction.
- Data Leak Prevention for file sharing (Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, SharePoint, and more).
- Data Leak Prevention for collaboration suites (Slack/Teams).
- Integrated with native clients: no additional software for phish report/quarantine requests.
- Business Email Compromise Prevention
- Post-attack Forensic and Quarantine
- Secure Click for Embedded links
- False Positives
- Initial setups take time
- User Interface
Thus, we have discussed the best SpamTitan alternatives for email security. These solutions offer advanced protection against email-borne threats and are easy to integrate with the existing infrastructure. Choosing the best email security gateway for your enterprise depends on the enterprise’s specific requirements. However, one aspect that you shouldn’t ignore while opting for cybersecurity products and services is customer service, wherein DuoCircle is among the best choices, as it provides 24×7 customer support, among many other benefits, making it one of the most preferred email security services providers.