Spam Filtering Solutions: Choosing The Right Services To Safeguard Your Organization’s Information Assets
Spam filter services perform the scanning of emails to block any spam before reaching the user’s inbox. Efficient spam filtering solutions provide robust and cost-effective email security for both inbound and outbound emails in an enterprise. Besides, anti-spam services can protect from unwanted cyber adversary activities such as viruses, phishing, and malware that compromise the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of an enterprise’s valuable information assets. This article provides a detailed analysis regarding the spam security threat and anti-spam solutions that help mitigate its effects.
Features of Spam Filtering Solutions
The perfect spam filtering solution performs the task of accurately filtering out the junk content or attachment in an email with low false-positive rates. A robust spam filtering solution comes with the following features.
- Accurate spam detection among the emails categorized under non-spam emails.
- Enhances system performance with a spam filtering function.
- It provides instructions for the end-user on how to deal with a spam email.
- Ensures that sensitive data is not lost during any outbound transfer of information.
- Has in-built functions of spam reporting and provides a thorough spam analysis to identity email patterns.
Choosing The Ideal Spam Filter Service
The right spam filter service must meet specific characteristics that can efficiently safeguard the organizations from various risks to its valuable information assets. Here is the list of the chief virtues of an efficient spam filter service.
- High spam detection rate (close to 99.9%), thus enhancing the productivity of the organization.
- Performs the greylisting function of returning every email to the sender or sender’s server and asks to resend it.
- It should be cost-effective for purchasing in bulk for large enterprises.
- It should have a good threat intelligence to perform filtering of the contents in an email.
Enterprise Spam Filter And Its Methodology
An enterprise email filter comes with security protocols to eliminate spam.
In contrast to regular spam filters, enterprise spam filters work differently in the following ways.
- It uses a multi-layer security mechanism to separate spam emails and malware by checking the content of each suspicious incoming email sent in bulk, inspecting the database of senders or IP addresses, and including them in the whitelist.
- It scans the content of the outbound emails sent from an organization’s server for any spam or malware. It thus prevents the organization’s server from getting blacklisted. It ensures that there is no further interruption in communication.
- It is compatible with all types of operating systems and uses a well-equipped anti-virus software system to secure the enterprise’s network from viruses, phishing, malware, and ransomware attacks.
Whatever be the size of an organization, a spam filter for an enterprise offers quality filtering with high accuracy, isolates the blacklisted senders’ emails or IP addresses, and reports them. Honest enterprise spam filter reviews and ratings reflect such qualities and efficiency of spam filters.
Features In An Email Spam Filter
Emails are an inevitable mode of communication for today’s businesses. However, it is also a path malicious actors choose to exploit valuable information assets of a business. Thus, an email spam filter becomes necessary for the smooth functioning of a business. These are the list of the features to look for when selecting an email spam filter.
- Email archiving and encryption for protecting organizations against cyberattacks using the most efficient strategies and tools.
- Providing a smart solution for email threat protection and enhancing email security control.
- Equally capable of cloud-based spam filtering to detect effectively and provide advanced threat protection against the risks associated.
- It should be reliable, scalable and should be able to safeguard the integrity of an organization.
Spamming or spoofing is an ever-threatening phenomenon for an organization or an individual user. It can vary in volume from a small number to millions and can entirely affect productivity and, in turn, the profitability of an organization. Some phishing and ransomware attacks via spam have also compelled organizations to lose hefty funds in millions in paying a ransom to the malicious actors, resulting in many employees losing their jobs. Thus, it is imperative to stop, perform timely espionage, and invest in employing suitable spam filtering solutions to eliminate the threat.
Join the thousands of organizations that use DuoCircle
Find out how affordable it is for your organization today and be pleasantly surprised.