Transfer Office 365 Subscription To Another Tenant: Understanding The Benefits And The Transfer Methods
Most organizations, big or small, are moving their IT environment to Microsoft Office 365 as cloud computing provides a hassle-free, efficient, and budget-friendly computing environment. Migrating to a cloud-based IT environment, however, can be complicated. These issues can be solved in several ways, such as using a dedicated email migration service or leveraging an Office 365 migration tool.
Microsoft’s native Office 365 migration services provide different types of migration methods based on an organization’s budget, existing email systems, data quantity, and time available. Such conveniences, coupled with the enterprise-grade features of the cloud, have led to Office 365 tenant to tenant migration becoming a popular trend in the business world.
The Unlimited Flexibility of Office 365: Merge Office 365 Tenants Or Transfer Office 365 Subscription To Another Tenant
Organizations may need to perform migrations for several purposes, such as upgrading infrastructure, during mergers of companies, or for using cloud migration as a strategy for scaling. Such migrations may be from an on-premise system to Microsoft Office, or organizations may need to migrate Office 365 to Office 365.
Microsoft Office 365 migration tools make all migrations convenient and coupled with Microsoft’s services; organizations can enjoy additional benefits such as:
- No maintenance cost of local servers
- Add-on storage and services based on the organization’s requirement
- Working from remote locations and multiple devices
- A simplified email migration service
- Flexible migration from different tenants makes Office 365 to Office 365 migration easy
- Ability to move domain from one office 365 tenant to another
- The benefits of Delve, which is a virtual assistant that uses machine learning to make the work environment more efficient
- Data protection and backup services
Therefore, those looking for Gmail to Gmail migration should consider Office 365 as the superior alternative.
Why is Migration Necessary?
Due to increased mergers, acquisitions, and takeovers in the corporate world, organizations may need to merge Office 365 tenants, transfer office 365 subscription to another tenant, migrate hosted Exchange to office 365, migrate Exchange mailbox to office 365 or even process local folders for O365 migration. Even if the two organizations merging are using Office 365, there will be a requirement for Office 365 to Office 365 migration to amalgamate the two cloud-based IT environments into one.
Microsoft provides simplified tools for Office 365 tenant to tenant migration that can handle multiple tenants efficiently and economically. Office 365 migration tools can also transfer office 365 mailboxes to another account without the risk of losing data while maintaining backups in case of malfunctions.
Methods To Transfer Office 365 Mailbox To Another Account
Email migration to Office 365 is simple when third-party migration tools and services are used. Following are the popular migration methods used by Office 365 migration services:
Cutover Migration – Cutover migration is used for on-premises Exchange to office 365 migration. It transfers all mailboxes, contacts, and distribution groups to Office 365 email migration. Exchange 2010 migration to office 365 is carried out using this.
- Staged Migration: It is a Microsoft Exchange migration tool specifically for Exchange 2003 or 2007. It replicates accounts from an on-premise directory for email migration to Office 365. This method transfers emails in batches.
- Hybrid Migration: It enables an organization to synchronize its existing directory and Exchange servers with Office 365 to maintain both cloud and on-premise environments.
- IMAP Migration: This email migration service allows Office 365 tenant to tenant migration for organizations not using Microsoft Exchange Web Services.
Organizations can benefit from O365 migration as using the Office productivity toolkit creates an efficient, productive, and secure cloud-based IT environment. Although migration can be a complicated process, Professional Office 365 Migration tools and services allow simple migration of Office 365 tenant to tenant migration of Onedrive data, mailboxes, Sharepoint, and Teams. Migration is worth it as it resolves the problems created by multiple on-premise tenants. Organizations can also save money used for managing several tenants and local servers.
Join the thousands of organizations that use DuoCircle
Find out how affordable it is for your organization today and be pleasantly surprised.