Understanding What Is An Email Blast
The concept of ‘Email Blast’ is the cornerstone of Email Marketing. It is a phrase that relates to the act of shooting a single email message (which is generally a promotional message informing the recipients about a new product or offer) to addresses on huge email lists concurrently. Despite email blasts being helpful and time-efficient, lack of competent strategic planning makes it a risky activity at times. How can a promotional email regarding a dieting offer appear appealing to a client who is a big-time food-lover and is always hunting for attractive food offers? Such blunders often occur, and that is where you need to reframe your thinking process and change the strategies.
Best Strategy For Email Blast Marketing
Email Blast Marketing is a process of sending bulk emails by making use of an outbound email service provider in a hassle-free manner. Emphasis should be on reframing the current email blast tactics in a way that combat its setbacks and brings out its best. When strategic planning is in the initial phase, certain aspects seek attention. Each of the recipients needs a focused analysis in a way that their area of interest becomes clear. The best technique of successful email blast marketing is feeding the recipients with some valuable information that they can relate to and makes them look forward to receiving more emails.
Which Sections Call For Scrutiny Before Sending Email Blasts?
A common mistake that a lot of marketers make is that they send out bulk emails bulk to all subscribers irrespective of their priorities, wants, and preferences. However, if individual sections are paid attention to, chances of response from the recipients rise exponentially.
- Know your prospective customer: First and foremost, emphasize creating a proper categorization of all the recipients as it indicates the conversion of ordinary mail into a more personalized one. The marketing software available provides easy segmentation. This division should be hinged on the interests and needs, age group, gender, income, notions, demeanor, hobbies, spiritual leaning, city, etc. of the recipients.
- Catchy subject line: The next significant thing that calls for attention is the subject line for the email blast. It may look minor, but has a considerable impact on the recipient. There is no doubt that the recipient judges the emails based on their subject lines. It makes it necessary to write subject lines that are irresistible to click.
- Adhere to the CAN-SPAM law: Make sure to include the Unsubscribe link in the mail so that the client can directly opt out from the list if they receive unwanted or irrelevant emails. It could otherwise create an additional burden for your organization in the form of legal troubles.
- Ensure delivery: It happens many times that the promotional mail sent either gets bounced or is marked as spam. Modern service providers safeguard these issues, ensuring the accurate delivery of the emails. It continually keeps a check on the IP address that is used for sending the emails and alerts the user if there is an issue.
How To Do An Email Blast Properly?
Email Blasts can prove to be the most reliable way to communicate if done correctly. The following are some crucial points to consider while creating an email blast for your marketing campaign.
Selection Of An Email Service Provider
- The selection of an email service provider (and outbound SMTP mail server) initiates the email marketing process.
- For creating an email blast, one needs to have a resourceful email service provider that efficiently performs necessary tasks such as developing a mailing list, filter-based segmentation of the list, sending mass emails, so on and so forth.
- Have a sneak-peek into all the features offered by each service provider and make sure that it comprises pre-built email templates in good numbers so that one can quickly customize it and prevent wastage of time.
- A standard marketing service also encompasses features like the accumulation of emails and automation functions to prompt and send emails in response to the client’s action.
Forming An Email List
- For sending the emails to prospective customers and the regular ones, one has to form an email contact book consisting of the prospective email addresses.
- Create an email list and add the targeted email addresses to the contact book either by manually typing the email address, or importing and uploading from your sources. Once uploaded, you have to study the recipient’s interests.
Structuring And Segmenting
- It is the most crucial and inevitable task that indicates the lifeline of any successful email blast process.
- The prepared email list needs to be studied thoroughly and segmented based on various criteria such as the recipient’s earlier interaction and their actions in response, shopping stories, demographics, etc.
- You have to include the recipients in the most relevant and appropriate segments.
- As mentioned earlier, the modern email marketing tool consists of pre-built templates. Make use of any template that closely matches your subject and edit the required details, including the subject line.
- You can study the preview to get the actual picture that the recipient might view. If the generated result is seen satisfactory, choose the appropriate segmented email list and blast the email.
- Post email blasting, the service provider generates the statistics based on the user’s response to the email. You can study several statistical data, such as the number of users opening the mail, deletion and unopened counts, etc.
- A detailed report can be prepared from the statistics which will serve as a valuable tool for evaluating past errors and avoid repeating them in the future, thus improving the process.
Email Blast is by far the most dynamic and robust medium for reaching out to prospective customers in this information age. It effectively helps in drawing people’s attention and increases their engagement with the enterprise, thereby increasing the revenue. The email blast technique is useful when carried out appropriately with the right outbound SMTP service, such as avoiding random shots and adding an element of thoughtfulness in prioritizing the client’s preferences.